Pages

Thursday 19 June 2014

Battle of the Hand Creams!

Hello lovely readers! Today's post will be about those everyday staples - Hand Cream!!


So the hand creams I have selected range from the very cheap 99p to the more expensive £10.50.

Soap and Glory Hand Food
I received this in a gift set at Christmas but having checked the Boots website, it retails for a slightly pricey £2.50 for 50 ml. The cream is extremely moisturising and leaves my hands very smooth. The smell is surprisingly quite nutty (the packaging says macadamia and marshmallow so that explains it!). I think when you first apply it, it can feel slightly greasy but this wears off after 10 minutes and your left with very soft hands!!

Atrixo Enriched Moisturising Cream

I bought this from bodycare for a rather purse friendly 99p!  Unfortunately, you kinda get what you pay for as I honestly wouldn't recommend it. It's extremely greasy, even when I apply a small bit I still find it very greasy. I find I can't so much as write with a pen as it makes my fingers very slippery and I have to wait for a while or wipe off the extra grease with a cloth. The smell is quite standard although in my opinion it does kinda resemble incense.

Nivea Refreshingly Soft Moisturising Cream

I actually bought this 75ml bottle in Savers for £1 which I thought was a bargain! I normally see this around the £2 mark. I have used this cream for years and it never lets you down. It always leaves the hands so soft and again it's not greasy! It doesn't really have much of a smell but if I had to describe it I'd say its very light,fresh and slightly florally.

Palmer's Coco Butter Concentrated Cream

I kinda feel Palmer's needs no introduction but if I had to, this is an extremely thick rich cream with a very intense coco butter smell. The smell is kinda love it or hate it but I've noticed they also do fragrance free alternatives.  A little goes a long way as for moisterising hands you really only need a 5p sized amount. Any more, and I think it gets quite greasy and slightly sticky. It's meant to have vitamin E which helps reduce any scarring or stretch marks. To be honest, I've used palmers as an all over body cream and I haven't really noticed any marks disappearing. But for anyone with dry skin this product is definitely for you!  It retails on the slightly pricier side of around £2.50 - £3.00 for a 100g bottle but it does last ages!

Clarins Hand and Nail Treatment Cream

This was given to me as a Christmas gift and came with other little Clarins goodies. Although I cannot find a link on the Clarins website for this 50 ml bottle I think the retail price would be around £10.50 as the larger 100ml hand cream retails for £21. This product honestly reminds me of the sea. It's got that sea salt smell like is just washed up on shore! I would say after application it leaves my hands feeling like its coated with velvet and when I say coated I really mean it feels like there's some kind of soft film around them. It's not greasy either but given the high price I probably wouldn't purchase this!


I know this is a really weird picture! But anyways - I've taken little swatches of the different creams so you can get an idea of textures. They go in the order I've reviewed them - Soap & Glory, Atrixo (definitely more grainy texture), Nivea, Palmer's and Clarin's.


Thanks for reading & let me know what are your favourite hand creams !

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments! If you leave your links I will definitely check them out. I don't follow for a follow.