Pages

Thursday 31 July 2014

Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker!

Hello!! Today I will be looking at the Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker lip gloss in 'Half Naked'. Ha! Gota love the cheeky names Soap & Glory comes up with! They retail at £10 a pop so fairly pricey for a non over the counter cosmetic. You can get them in Boots but I've also seen them on Amazon too (although they seem to retail higher online).

Colour
To me the colour is the perfect nude. It looks brown from the packaging (which is why I got it) but if I had to pin the colour down I'd say it's more of a mahogany with slightly pink undertones. It's not the kind of colour that's going to make you stand out but for an everyday look I love this. I do think its versatile enough to compliment most skin tones.

Plumps your lips?
Now, having lacked in the voluptuous lips department, I was very excited about this product because it claims to plump up your lips. In fact, the product claims it can plump them up to 10 x in volume! How mammoth would that be!

1 - 2 minutes from application I started to get really tingly lips as if there were little vibrations happening pushing my lips out. When I looked in the mirror I was in 2 minds about it. I wasn't sure if they did genuinely seem bigger or if it was just the fact the lips were just coated. Either way they did seem seem slightly bigger (definitely not 10 x bigger though!).

The top picture shows my lips without the gloss and the bottom two are with the gloss (pictured with and without camera flash), so you can judge for yourself whether you think it actually worked.

Texture/Consistency
If I am honest the consistency of this is a little stiff which could be because it's got quite a thick texture. It's also very sticky so you may have to remove a few fly away strands sticking to your lips!

Smell
Strangely like sweet popcorn!

Lasting Power

30 minutes - the gloss starts to set and the stickiness dies down.
1 hour - the product loses it's thickness and definitely feels more natural on the lips.
2 hours - I can still just feel it on my lips. The gloss hasn't dried them out at all and my lips feel fairly smooth.

 Overall lasting power is about 2 - 3 hours.

Have you tried the Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker range? What was your experience with it? Do you recommend other Soap & Glory cosmetics? Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. The name of the product is amazing! Soap and Glory comes up with best names! I really want to try this product out now. thanks for the review!

    http://elizabethslifestylediary.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting! And yes you should, it's a great nude shade! Be careful though it's quite sticky too x

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments! If you leave your links I will definitely check them out. I don't follow for a follow.